In today’s post, we give you the best pancakes recipe for making the best American pancakes at home. Fluffy Pancakes as they are commonly known are a perfect meal for your breakfast or brunch. The best American fluffy pancakes are thick and rubbery leaving you full and happy.
Why should you try the fluffy pancakes recipe
- Fluffy pancakes recipes are simple, easy and quick to make unlike other complex breakfast meals.
- American Pancakes are cheap to make. You can use the available ingredients in your kitchen such as eggs and butter milk without ordering the expensive boxed pancake mix.
- You can use a variety of flours such as all-purpose wheat flour, whole wheat flour or a combination of both.
- The American fluffy pancakes are very healthy and nutritious. A single pancake serving contains 261 calories; calories from fat 36%; protein 7g; carbohydrates 34g; sugars 9g; fiber 1g; fat 11g; saturated fat 6g; sodium 558mg; cholesterol 78mg.
What Ingredients do you need to make fluffy pancakes
What are the main ingredients needed to make your American pancakes? Your list of ingredients will depend on your preferred flavors and other considerations. Basically, you will need the ingredients on the list below. For amounts see the attached recipe here below.
- All-purpose flour. Use plain, all-purpose flour for American pancake recipe. Alternatively, you can use a whole wheat flour type. Others also prefer a combination of both for various health reasons. If you are gluten intolerant, use the buck wheat flour.
- Baking powder. You need a leavening agent to make your pancakes rise, light and fluffy. If you skip it or expired baking powder that is old beyond its expiry date, you will get flat cakes.
- Sugar. You will need a sweetener and well textured batter for nice fluffy pancakes. You can use the granulated sugar, coconut sugar, brown sugar. In case of health reasons, you can omit the sugar your recipe.
- Salt. The right amount of salt is will enhance the flavor and the tenderness of your American fluffy pancakes. If some of your ingredients are salted use lessor amounts of the table salt.
- Milk. You can use a range of various dairy products with this recipe. Whether you decide to use whole milk, reduced fat milk, butter milk or skimmed milk. Some chefs have even reported using yoghurt and orange juice. If you prefer vegetarian pancakes free of dairy products, you can use almond or oat milk.
- Melted butter (or vegetable oil). Use of unsalted butter will make your pancakes great for that subtle nutty flavor. Vegetable oils that are neutral in taste are the next best option. These include the canola oil or sunflower oil.
- Egg. Do you want your fluffy pancakes moist and tender? Use an egg to get those results. The eggs will give your pancake the required flavor, structure and required fluffiness.
- Extracts. Which is your favorite flavor you would love for a sweet taste on your buds. You can either vanilla or almonds. Other variations of getting the desired taste are you using zest or spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg or flax seeds and oats.
Fluffy Pancakes Recipe
Here we will give you a step-by-step procedure of preparing pancakes. Besides you will have the right measures or amounts,
How to make the perfect American Fluffy PancakesCourse: FOOD
1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 cup (240 ml) milk
2 Tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
1 large egg
Assorting toppings such as maple syrup, fresh berries, etc.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt together in a large bowl.
- Create a well in the centre with the back of your spoon then add the eggs, melted butter and milk. Whisk together either with a balloon whisk or electric hand beaters until smooth then pour into a jug.
- Heat a small knob of butter and 1 tsp of oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When the butter looks frothy pour in rounds of the batter, approximately 8cm wide. Make sure you don’t put the pancakes too close together as they will spread during cooking.
- Cook the pancakes on their first side for about 1-2 mins or until lots of tiny bubbles start to appear and pop on the surface. Flip the pancakes over and cook for a further minute on the other side until golden. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Serve your pancakes stacked up on a plate with a drizzle of maple syrup and any of your favorite toppings such as cooked bacon, chocolate chips, blueberries or peanut butter and jam
- You can make these pancakes large or small, depending on what you prefer.
- 261 calories; calories from fat 36%; protein 7g; carbohydrates 34g; sugars 9g; fiber 1g; fat 11g; saturated fat 6g; sodium 558mg; cholesterol 78mg.
- Serve them with a drizzle of maple syrup, or even with some butter.
- If you choose to sprinkle with a flavoring, try one of these… fresh corn from the cob, crispy bacon or pancetta, blueberries, banana, stewed apple, grated chocolate – anything else you love